Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Let me introduce you to my family

Yesterday I kept wanting to post, but wasnt sure what to post about. So today I want to introduce you to my oldest daughter Cassie.

My nickname for her is angel baby. I called her that from the moment I saw her. I never thought I would have children and wow I cant describe how I felt the moment I saw her. She and I were inseperable. I couldnt go anywhere without her. I talked to her as if she were my best friend, discussing anything and everything. Which is why I think she talks and questions everything now. She can drive me nuts with all of her questions, but she is a very bright young lady with lots of compassion and dedication to her dreams. She attends a local stem school here in Ohio called The Metro School and it's very different than what I attended. For this session, I think she checks into school twice a week and the rest of the time she attends college classes at OSU or works on her internships. By going to this school it has afforded Cassie to get more individualized education, as well as becoming active with The Past Foundation. This program is unbelievable with the opportunities that they have given her. I wish I could describe this organization, but for me it's difficult. I know that they work with students from all over introducing them to maritime archaeology, forensics, ecology and teaches them more than just the basics. Dr. Shelli Smith and Ms. Rector are Cassie's Mentors. She talks about them all the time. I hope someday they know what an impact they have made on these teens. Cassie is currently involved in a research program for the ecological studies of caves. She is also very active with the Maritime Archaeology (my favorite). She has had the ability to dive several sunken ships and take samples to further study and prepare research materials for others. Now other than that, she is quick witted and loves to banter. Cassie will try anything which scares the beejeebers out of me. She loves to rock climb, snow and water ski, diving, caving, and anything else that would either a) prove she can do it and b) gives her that adrenaline rush. At 17 now, I see her growing up and moving on without us, which terrifies me. She is my baby whether she admits it or not. I took her to her first full day of college classes and she look so grown up. I miss that little blonde hair blue eye spunky 2 year old that always entertained everyone. By the way she talked me into letting her go brown this weekend. Now I have this young woman who I know is going to make her mark on society and do what she can to make our world a much better place for us to live in.
Later I will introduce you to KBell.

No comments:

Post a Comment