Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Girl Kayleigh


You've met Cassie, now let's meet my 14 year old KBell. Her full name is Kayleigh Dixie, which she doesnt particurlary like using the middle name, but her name is extremely precious to me. First of all she was just weeks from appearing in the world and I still had no idea what her first name should be. So all of my co-workers got together and said it was going to be unique. First they came up with how it should sound, but they wanted a cool spelling. So everyone put in what they thought is should be and waaa-laaa Kayleigh had her name. Her middle name was given to her in honor of my late sister Dixie. Dixie was my younger sister and closest in age to me. We were close and fought like all teenage sisters do. I was devastated losing her at such a young age. I wanted Kayleigh to have her name. Unfortunately it doesnt go well when I yell at her, Kayleigh Dixie West...there is just no ring to it. She is a sweetheart, always there with a huge smile and you never know what she is going to say. When she was just a year old we gave her the name boo bear. Everything was boo, you come to wake her up in the morning you got a boo, time for dinner Boo, bathtime boo, hugs boo. You had to fall in love with her. Kayleigh wasnt as quick as cassie was in walking because she knew her big sister would just take her and I bet you can guess what big sisters name was...yep you got it Boo. At a very early age Kayleigh was all about clothes and makeup. She had her own style. Well she hasnt changed a bit. We call it her MPGIS syndrome (most popular girl in school) not that she has ever said that, we just love to tease her. Kayleigh attends Grove City Christian and loves it. Her strengths are being a true friend and writing in a special way to reveal a deeper meaning. She is always concerned how people will feel with a situation and want to know they are ok. Today Kayleigh loves to be creative with her words and her art. She enjoys music (sometimes too much lol) and collects journals. Her favorite thing is to make people laugh and wow can she do it. One thing I can say for Kbell...It's her world and welcome to it!!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back!! Hey, I am glad you are blogging...I did not know that is where Kayleigh's name come from... the things you learn from the internet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayleigh's a beautiful girl!

    A fun journal I just finished was made of paper bags that you scrap to pretty up.

    http://scrapbooking.about.com/library/weekly/blpaperbagscrapbooks.htm

    ReplyDelete